Hate doesn’t breed hate. Hate inspires anger in victims of hatred and that anger is called hatred to delegitimize it and villainize people. If you wanna help people who are victims then first you gotta stop acting like they’re just as bad their oppressors and abusers.
“Lee Pace is an exceptional actor. He’s really great. He’s awesome to watch. I mean, he’s a Julliard-trained professional. He’s not faking it like I am. He knows exactly what he’s doing. He’s amazing to watch.”
Opinionated, possibly controversial post time!
Good in-story reasons for a character to be chosen to become a hero:
- They already have a sizable list of accomplishments
- They have a plan
- They have resources
- They’re closest to the problem
- They have a lot of training in the required skills
- They were not chosen at all but they secretly replaced the real chosen one
- They volunteer
Bad in-story reasons for a character to be chosen to become a hero:
- Purity of heart
- No reason (this is direct authorial intervention)
- A prophecy (also direct authorial intervention unless the prophecy-maker has an agenda)